My favorite quote (from E. B. White): "The best writing is rewriting."
- I earned a B.A. from Hendrix College (ranked number one by U.S. News & World Report), and an M.Ed. and Ph.D. from Texas A&M University.
- I was only the second person to receive both the Dissertation of the Year Award and T. M. Stinnett Award for Scholarly Achievement.
- I was awarded an Administrative Fulbright Grant to Japan.
- I participated in Leadership Texas (now Leadership Women), a year-long program for 100 women leaders.
- I have received recognition from the International Association of Business Communicators and Public Relations Society of America, as well as "fun" awards, such as winning the Writers' Police Academy Golden Donut short story contest in 2012 (and being a finalist in 2013).
- I have been a writer and editor at Texas A&M since 1984, full time until 2017 and two days a week since.
- Personality-wise, I'm an oddball--an INTJ, by far the rarest of the 16 Myers-Briggs personality categories. What that means for you is that I'm good at brainstorming and thinking up big ideas, as well as tedious, detail-oriented tasks. I'm also very direct and definitely NOT a drama queen.
My second-favorite quote (from Jack London): "You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club."
- I have been president of the International Association of Business Communicators-Brazos Valley chapter, the Brazos Writers writing group, and Texas Chapter FZ of the philanthropic sorority P.E.O.
- I am a catechumen at St. Silouan Antiochian Orthodox Church in College Station. A lapsed Presbyterian, I discovered Orthodoxy through Fr. Stephen Freeman's blog, Glory to God for All Things.
- My husband of 20 years is the photographer Michael Kellett, who (among other things) recently restored a 1955 Chevrolet Nomad and now is hard at work on a 1956 Oldsmobile that sat in a field outside Kerrville, Texas, for more than 40 years.
- When we're not working, we're doting on our four rescued kitties or traveling, preferably on Michael's motorcycle in the Hill Country or Big Bend region of Texas, or the mountains of Arkansas.
My third-favorite quote (from Andy Taylor in the Mountain Wedding episode of The Andy Griffith Show): "It's i before e except after c, and e before n in chicken."